In addition to being a medical doctor, Professor Lim is passionate about clinical research medicine. He has a particular interest in Palliative Medicine, Family medicine and Women's Health. He has completed three master degrees and two doctorate degrees. His PhD focused on Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which is a common women's condition that may lead to infertility and diabetes mellitus. He has published more than 70 journal articles since 2008 as well as being a reviewer/editorial board member (including Editor in chief) for more than 30 different peer reviewed journals. Prof Lim consistently publishes research articles in the journals and has authored eight Cochrane Systematic Reviews, which is considered to be the gold standard of evidence based medicine clinical guidelines in the world.
Prof Lim received full scholarship support for his PhD(Medicine) study in University of New South Wales, Australia and has recently completed his second doctorate study in Business Administration through Institute of Economics, Polish Academy of Sciences. Prof Lim has registrations as being a medical practitioner and also a Chinese medicine practitioner. With knowledge in both Western and Chinese Medicine, he keeps an open mind in his clinical research and practice and aims to deliver the best care to his patients. Prof Lim also supervises postgraduate research students for both Master and PhD degrees in the university. He is also sought as a research degree thesis marker at both Master and PhD levels.
Bachelor of Science in Biological Technology, Master of Nutrition & Dietetics
Fay is an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist. She holds a Bachelor degree in Biological Technology (Genetic Engineering direction) and a Master in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Canberra. She has been working as a dietitian in ACT and NSW for 4 years, both in community / organisations and private practice environments.
Fay specialises in management of chronic diseases through diet and exercise such as Diabetes, hyperlipidaemia (high cholesterol), cardiovascular diseases and obesity. She is also experienced in food allergy, food intolerance, coeliac disease, elderly nutrition and youth and pregnant women nutrition.
Fay is currently a PHD candidate at UTS investigating in the relationship between Vitamin D and Type II Diabetes.
Her goal is to inspire men, women and children towards good health and self-belief through tasty nutrition and exercise.
Crystal has a friendly and understanding personality, with a desire to help those in need. She has work experience in customer service, medical research and education, and has a Bachelor of Advanced Science with First Class Honours in Medical Microbiology and Immunology from the University of New South Wales. She is also a qualified high school teacher with a Graduate Diploma in Education from UNSW. Furthermore, Crystal also has a Diploma of Professional Practice Leadership from UNE - a bench mark academic qualification in Australia to showcase competency in practice and leadership management in health care setting. In 2016, Crystal was also awarded to be the Young Business Person of the year award finalist for the Canterbury region. Crystal speaks fluent Cantonese and Mandarin, in addition to English.
Journal Articles published by the Research Team Members in past years
2. Yu X, , Cheng NCL. Role of Compound Danshen Dripping Pill in Early Diabetic Retinopathy : A RCT. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 21(1): 38-39 March 2016
3. Yu X, , Cheng NCL. Meta-analysis of the Chinese herbal bath therapy for knee osteoarthritis. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 21(1): 36-37 March 2016
4. , Ng RWC, Xu K, Cheng N, Xue CCL, Liu J, Chen N. Acupuncture for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD007689. DOI : 10.1002/14651858.CD007689.pub3
5. Yu X, , Cheng NCL.A systematic review and meta-analysis of acupuncture and related therapies for palliative cancer care. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies – In Press (Journal article)
6. Sun X, Luo X, Zhao, C, Ng RWC, Lim CED, Zhang B, Liu T. The association between fine particulate matter exposure during pregnancy and preterm birth: a meta-analysis. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth. 15:300 (2015). DOI: 10.1186/s12884-015-0738-2 (Journal article)
7. . Use of acupuncture for pain management in osteoarthritis: what is the latest evidence ? Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 20(1): 38-39. Mar 2015 (Journal article)
8. , Lim D. Evaluation of a culturally tailored education to promote breast and cervical cancer screening among Chinese-Australian women. Journal of Cancer Education. DOI 10.1007/s13187-015-0859-3. 20 May 2014 (Journal article)
9. , Cheng NCL. A parallel group RCT on evaluating the effect of TJ-38 on the peripheral blood flow in women experiencing peripheral coldness. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies. 20(3): 155-156. Dec 2015. DOI: 10.1111/fct.12210 (Journal article)
10. Huang, Y, , Cheng NCL, Whiltshire J, Strutt R, Zaslawski C. Specialty Trainees’ Understanding of End-of-Life Care Symptom Management and End-of-Life Care Pathway: A Quantitative and Qualitative Pilot Study. Journal of Geriatrics and Palliative Care 2(1):1-9 17 Feb 2014 (Journal article)
11. , Luo, XP, Zhan, XL, Wong, WSF, Ng, RWC, Xu, K.Chinese ladies with PCOS: what do they worry about ? International Journal of Gynecological and Obstetrical Research. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14205/2309-4400.2014.02.01.4 2(1): 28-32. Jun 2014 (Journal article)
13. , Luo, XP, Zhan, XL, Wong, WSF. ACUPCOS: Acupuncture & PCOS - A Multi-Centres Randomised Controlled Trial.International Journal of Gynecological and Obstetrical Research. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14205/2309-4400.2014.02.01.1 2(1): 1-13. Jun 2014 (Journal article)
14. Ho, K, , Cheng, NCL, Zaslawski, C. ACEPAC Study - Australian Chinese Patient's Experiences of Palliative Care Services.Journal of Geriatrics and Palliative Care 2(2):1-8 (Journal article)
15. Ng, RWC, , Cheng, NCL. Multiple Arthralgia After Use of Amoxicillin in EBV Infection: Could it be Adult Onset of Still’s Disease? Journal of Medical Cases 5(2): 105-107 2 Feb 2014 (Journal article)
16. , Cheng, NCL. What do we know about needling sensation (de qi) and Bell's Palsy. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies 19(1): 34-35 14 Mar 2014 (Journal article)
17. Siow, S, , Cheng, NCL, Zaslawski, C, Wiltshire, J, Strutt, R. What do the junior doctors know about pain management and opioids use ? : An Australian Study. In press at the Journal of Geriatrics and Palliative Care 2(2): 2014 Jun 2014
18. Lim, CED, Cheng NCL, Lengacher CA. Effect of mindfulness based stress reduction in Stage-III breast cancer survivors. Focus on Alternative and Complementary Therapies 19(4): 219-220 Dec 2014
19. , Xu K, Huang Y, Lim CED. Optimum Antibiotics doses for Helicobacter pylori eradication (protocol). Cochrane Database of Systemic Review CD011187 Jul 2014
20. , Wong WSF. Therapeutic Management of Vaginal Intraepithelial Neoplasia and Clinical Experience in South Western Sydney of Australia. International Journal of Gynecological and Obstetrical Research. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14205/2309-4400.2013.01.01.6 36-41 30 Jun 2013 (Journal article)